Thursday, November 9, 2023

Word of the Day: Logy

Can you pronounce logy?
Word Daily
Thursday, November 9, 2023
Logy
WD
Logy
adjective 1. Dull and heavy in motion or thought; sluggish.
EXAMPLE SENTENCES
"I always feel a bit logy until I have my coffee in the morning."
"When the vacuum power gets logy, it means the canister needs to be emptied."
"I was worried I would be logy after such a big breakfast, but I ran my fastest 5k yesterday."
Ads help keep Word Daily free.
Uncertain, mid-19th century
Why This Word?
The suffix "-logy" is used to designate an area of interest or study — such as psychology (the study of the mind) or horology (both the study of time and the art of making clocks). However, the word "logy" is completely distinct, albeit spelled the same. ...
Continue Reading
Thank you for supporting our advertisers.
Do you remember these words?
Froward Rivage
Mnemonic Adagio
WD Privacy Policy  •  Terms of Use  •  Contact Us
3419 Via Lido, #657 Newport Beach, CA 92663
Advertisements powered by LiveIntent • AdChoices AdChoices

No comments:

Post a Comment